Thursday, January 29, 2015

Temple Square Lights

I took a short break from blogging because I'm trying to get some photobooks done. We started doing family yearbooks over a year ago, but I put the project on hold after our external hard drive crashed, taking with thousands and thousands of pictures. But a couple good deals on photobooks have brought me back to it. Thanks to Facebook and family members, I've been able to scrape together a decent picture of the years that got hit the hardest. I used Groupon to get 2 books through MyPublisher for $15 each, so I'm working on getting those done. (I don't know if it's been worth it, though. The MyPublisher software is crazy frustrating and really limited. I'm not impressed at all.)

So anyway, here's another catch-up post, finishing up our Thanksgiving break.

We met up with a bunch of the Nelson family to look at the lights on Temple Square on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (which Rich spent a lot of the day working). We probably picked the busiest night of the year to go, making it basically impossible to keep our group together, especially with our strollers. But the lights were definitely beautiful, and I always love the atmosphere there, especially during the Christmas season.

I really love this shot Rich got. The color of the sky just makes it that much better.



I don't know how more kids don't fall into the reflection pool. It's a favorite place to play for all kids, and, no matter how cold it is, there is always splashing. It was hard to explain to Norah why I didn't want her to touch it when basically every other kid was.



After looking at the lights, we all headed over to Crown Burger for some dinner. Oh my yum. I avoided getting burgers in Spokane because, in my opinion, nothing compares to Utah burger joints. Crown Burger and Apollo Burger are my personal faves.

Norah was in an especially sweet mood at the restaurant. We got to sit with Grandma and Poppa, so I'm sure that helped.



This is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. She pulled Grandma and Poppa in for a hug on her own, and it was absolutely adorable.

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to Grandma and Poppa right after this. But it sure was a fun Thanksgiving, and we were so glad we could spend it with them and so many other Nelsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment