Monday, February 2, 2015

Pre-Christmas 2014

I have to start out this post by saying that Norah is napping. For real. At about 10 this morning, I had already had enough of her attitude and knew it was mainly caused by sleep deprivation. So, not without some tears and fighting, I got her into her bed. She calmed down quickly, though, when I said I would lie down on the floor next to her while she fell asleep. (That was a good sign.) Despite being on the floor, I actually fell asleep first. When I woke up, she was asleep. Hallelujah! We're going on an hour and a half of nap here, at least, and she really needed it.

But anyway. Here's a little pre-Christmas wrap-up.

We were a little eager for Christmas this past season. We actually set up our tree on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We usually try to wait until after, but our reasoning this time was that it was a late Thanksgiving anyway and we would be with family during the break so we wanted it up sooner rather than later. No regrets, even though it felt like it took up half of our apartment. Norah loved the tree immediately and did a great job not breaking anything.

Rich showed Norah a really cool view of the tree one day after work, so she made sure she showed her friends.

I'm not a big fan of grocery shopping with this one (actually, I'm not a big fan of grocery shopping in general). I feel like it takes twice as long when she comes along. I love moments like this where she actually wants to be in the cart. She insists on using the paper towels as a pillow, so I love the trips where I need to buy them.

Our Fanzz insurance kicked in in December, which means dental (and vision) insurance! We got in for appointments right away. Norah was a champ for her first check-up, though she preferred the hygienist over the doctor. In other dentist news, Rich had no cavities even with no check-ups for 4 years. It had been 6 years for me, and I wasn't so lucky with one small cavity that I will need filled once baby comes. I am so grateful for good insurance.

 Haircut! I am in love with it, although it's sadly too short for pigtails now.

Family fun night with Muppets' Christmas Carol, hot cocoa, and chocolate cake

Post-church tea party

I love when this happens. I don't even mind that she pulls every single book she owns off the shelf for it.

Rich's birthday. We had a family dinner at Texas Roadhouse, followed by an apple pie that we were all too stuffed to even eat.


I just can't over the level of sass in this picture.

We absolutely loved Station Park during Christmas. We called it Christmasland. Right before we took this picture, we saw Santa and Mrs. Claus leaving for the night. Norah was absolutely star struck when she saw him and was so excited when she got to say hi.

Every year, the Larry H. Miller Company puts on a free singalong at the Energy Solutions Arena. If you know me well, you know that I don't sing, so Rich practically had to drag me there, even with free tickets to Jazz and Bees games being offered at the door.


Rich's birthday present from me. Classic.

Don't judge me, but I sometimes fall asleep on the couch while Norah plays. I can hear Norah if something goes wrong and she can't get into anything bad, so I don't feel so bad. But it often turns into this mess.


Our Christmas puzzle for the year. Basically everything that was left to do from here was crazy hard - just varying shades of blue-black.

Okay, you probably can't tell what this picture is about, but it's the best I could do to capture the moment. One day, Norah was playing in her room, and I realized after a while I hadn't heard her for a bit. I went to check on her and found I couldn't open the door more than a crack. Because she had FALLEN ASLEEP right behind it. That's her forehead in the crack of the door.

Another night, another trip to Christmasland

I had my big ultrasound on December 23rd, so my mom came up to watch Norah for me. She brought the Kirtley kids along, and they all got to decorate sugar cookies together.

Speaking of the big ultrasound, IT'S A BOY! I wouldn't let myself admit that I wanted a boy a little bit more, but I realized it when the ultrasound said so! We are so excited to meet this little one. The ultrasound also gave us a better due date - May 10th. That's is a little earlier than the original, so I'm fine with that.

Last picture. How we found Norah one night before we went to bed. How does she not realize she's fallen out?!

No comments:

Post a Comment