Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Presidents' Day Weekend

And with this post, I AM CAUGHT UP! HOORAY!

One thing (among thousands) that we love about Fanzz is that Rich actually gets real days off from work, like most of the normal working world. He got to choose between having Martin Luther King, Jr., Day or Presidents' Day off, so we chose Presidents' Day. It turned out to be a really fun weekend because it also overlapped with Valentine's Day.

Rich got me flowers on Friday night. We're not really big on celebrating Valentine's Day with fancy gifts and big dates, but I do love that he always remembers flowers (I am still a woman).

He told me the most adorable thing. He said that I would only get eleven flowers of my dozen because Norah gets one, too. So cute! Norah loved being able to put her rose in it's own little vase, and she loves pointing out that we both have our own flowers.

Also, I'm not going to try to explain it because that's Rich's territory, but this is Norah doing the scoob dance.

We did decide to do a family brunch on Valentine's Day, at only the fanciest of restaurants - Village Inn. Apparently us and half of Bountiful had the same idea, so we didn't even attempt to go inside. We drove a little and ended up at the Village Inn in Roy. My mom joined us, too.

Norah absolutely loved her brunch. She got three pancakes and DEVOURED them - see above. She didn't wait to finish chewing bites before shoveling more in. She ate all of hers and then started on my mom's leftovers, another two more! I have no idea where it went, and I was a little afraid it was going to come back up. I am very grateful that this girl is a really good eater.

When we moved into our apartment, we started making plans for baby boy's arrival. We decided that Presidents' Day sales would be a good chance to start looking for a real bed for Norah, and I can't believe that's already come and gone. We spent the rest of our romantic Valentine's Day searching for Norah's new bed and finally found one at Costco.

We were even able to borrow my dad's truck and get it all moved in and set up on Saturday. I love this shot of her testing it out. She looks SO TINY!

 And here's Princess Doctor Norah-Dorothy in her new office, giving her puppy a check up.

We went to a park on Sunday, and Norah helped me get my shoes on since reaching my toes is getting harder each day. She still needs some practice, but I still have around three months to go so she's got time.

We were planning on spending most of the weekend finding a bed, but we basically got it all done on Saturday and were left with an entire free day on Monday. Knowing us, if we didn't plan something it would just turn into a whole day of sitting around trying to decide what to do. So, on Sunday, we asked Cami and Ethan (and Andrea and Jed but they were already busy), if we could come visit them in Provo. The Wings were just days away from becoming second-time parents, so we thought they might enjoy one more outing with just one kid. Plus, Norah and Kelsey are just about the cutest thing ever when they are together.

This is how Norah usually rides: foot over the edge, sunglasses, and Lambie.

We started off our visit with a trip to Red Robin.

And after lunch we headed to a trampoline gym so the girls could run around together. The foam pit was the favorite attraction. Cami and I got to sit while Rich and Ethan did most of the work. Thanks, boys!





Norah officially learned how to jump into something while we were there, too. At the beginning, she would walk up to the edge, Rich would tell her to jump, and she would sit down on her bum to slither in. But she finally worked up the courage to make the plunge, and she hasn't stopped jumping since (from small heights, of course).

I love having days off. Rich's next one is Memorial Day. It's really weird to think that by the time that's here, baby boy will be here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment