Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

I absolutely love my birthday. Always have. I don't really even know what it is about it that makes it so great. It just is.

And Rich did an amazing job this year making my birthday fun.. He sure knows how to spoil me.

My birthday was on a Monday this year, and he had big plans for the actual day. We decided to do cake on Sunday, and, at first, it was going to be only the Nellys. Then, about half an hour before church, he asked me if we wanted to invite my family over for cake. One thing led to another on my family's GroupMe account, and, by the time we got out of church, it had turned into a dinner at my parents' house. My family raved about Rich's BTS cake. He's kind of a pro at them now - I think I've requested it for my past 3 birthdays now. (The key is to poke big holes in the cake and use plenty of sweetened condensed milk.)


On Monday, he had Norah and me drive him to work, and the only thing he told for the evening was to pick him up from work at 4 and to pack Norah's pajamas and Pack N Play. I love a good surprise so it was already starting out good!

During the day, Norah and I hung out and went to lunch with my dad and sister at Costa Vida.

Then, we went to pick up Rich, and the real fun began! I expected him to take us to West Jordan so one of his siblings there could watch Norah but was surprised when we kept driving on towards Provo. Eventually he let me know that Andrea and Jed would be watching Norah but that was all he would say.

*Side note. Norah had a fantastic time with the Harrisons! She loved their games and running around their apartment and visiting Kelsey (and Kelsey's new sister Madison). Great job, Harrisons!

Andrea was such a good aunt and made sure Norah was plenty bundled up for the walk to Kelsey's house. I especially love the gloves!

Andrea and Jed showed us this adorable video when we picked Norah us afterwards. So fun! 

Meanwhile, after a quick trip to see brand new baby Madison (who is so stinkin' adorable and makes me crazy baby hungry), Rich declared it was time for dinner. I was pretty sure I knew where we were going and was not disappointed when we pulled into Winger's. Probably my favorite restaurant, but so many of the ones up north have gone out of business (including the one in Bountiful). I've been talking about Winger's since we moved back to Utah but we hadn't been. Thanks for fixing that, Rich!



After my delicious dinner of Sticky Fingers with Original Amazing Sauce, we headed to Target to kill a little bit of time. We got a couple boxes of candy for whatever was to come, checked out the baby boy clothes (still trying to get used to looking at boy stuff) and headed out.

The mystery was still on, and I was super surprised when we pulled up to the Hale Center Theater in Orem and saw the sign for Les Miserables! What a fun birthday surprise! Rich really nailed it!


The women behind us were apparently Hale Theater of Orem connoisseurs, and I swear they knew half the cast from other performances. 


The show was fantastic. It's such a tiny theater, you wouldn't think their shows would be that awesome. But they really do a fantastic job. We saw Singin' in the Rain there back in our Provo days and loved it. We definitely weren't disappointed this time around either! The voices were fantastic! I especially loved the girl who played Eponine. So well done!

After the show, we headed back to Provo to pick up Norah, who had (of course) gone to sleep peacefully for Andrea and Jed (Why won't she do that for us?!), and then made our way back to Bountiful.

It's been 3 weeks and I'm still raving about how much I loved my birthday surprise! Seriously, thank you so much Rich! I had so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a good planner! And he even made the cake?! Looks like a fun day! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete