Tuesday, January 20, 2015

November Photo Drop

I'm blogging right now because I need a break. Norah is currently banished to her room since it seems all she wants to do right now is yell and pout. All morning long. Maybe if I keep her in there long enough, she'll take a nap. I have no other ideas to help us out this morning.

So, here's a another quick photo drop post. I think I was still trying to come back to life from pregnancy sickness in November, so I don't really remember doing many stand-out things. But these pictures are pretty cute, and I now realize sleeping Norah is a theme throughout.

Starting right out with some sleepy pictures. I could get a nap 2-3 times a week from her at this point, as long as I slept on the love seat in her room. You mean I have to take a nap, too? I guess if I must.
Norah is not a fan of being woken up from a nap. She needs a good half hour to cheer up.

She fought the naps so hard and would fall asleep in all sorts of ways.

(FYI, Norah has now been allowed out of her room, but I told her she has to do puzzles without me for a while. I still need some quiet time of my own.)


We got to go to a fun dinner with some of Rich's friends from Spokane who now live in Utah. It was a lot of fun seeing them and all of their cute kids. We didn't grab this shot until all but these two had been put to bed. Oops! I'd only ever seen pictures of adorable Miss Emma, pictured here, and her cuteness was no trick of the camera. Check out this girl's cheeks! Such a doll!


Have you been to Station Park in Farmington? We absolutely love it. It's a great outdoor mall, and they have this great water fountain that has displays choreographed to music on the hour. We joke that we always have to catch "the show" when we go to Station Park. (Also, it was NOVEMBER 8TH, in this picture, and Norah did not need a jacket. The weather was absolutely amazing!)

 On the 4-wheeler with Gangka Craig

My dad got really excited about putting together a swing set for the grandkids, and what started as a small project has turned into what we now lovingly call Grandpa Park.


 Playing in the leaves.

I've mentioned this before, but we live right behind my dad's office. Sometimes, when Norah and I need to get out of the house, we walk over to Gangka Craig's (and Norah can usually talk him into taking us to lunch). One day, Norah put all of this on and said, "I go to Gangka Craig's office now?"

We went to a surprise birthday party for Ryan Merriman, one of Rich's old BYU teammates and fellow steeplechaser. Norah had tons of fun with Ryan's son Jake, who taught her how to be a pirate, thought not how to properly hold a sword. (By the way, Ryan's wife has an amazing food blog, Baking with Blondie. My most recent fave from her blog was slow cooker chicken philly sandwiches. Delish! Plus, all of her food is just so pretty. You should really check our her blog.)


Norah had a fun trip to Kangaroo Zoo with cousins. She hasn't been for over a year, but I was a little afraid she'd still be too scared to attempt anything. It took her just a moment to warm up, but then she loved it.
She even attempted the giant slide on her own!


Norah and Huey had lots of fun together (although it kind of looks like she's choking him in the above picture on the left)!

Anyone ever heard of All-Star Spinner Baseball? Me neither. That is, not until I met this guy. He's been searching eBay for his own set and finally got one in November. He and Scott used to play it all the time as kids, and Rich even made an updated set of cards for Scott's game a few years ago. Such a sports nerd!

 
My sister works with my dad, so we've been able to have cousins over a couple times on days where her babysitter can't watch the kiddos. Norah loves having someone other than me to play with, and I don't mind it either!

This was me at 15 weeks along. I haven't wanted to do belly shots like last time. I guess that's typical for a second pregnancy, huh? It's probably because now I realize just how hard it is to drop what you gain.

We always check on Norah right before we go to bed, mainly to make sure she still has her covers on. We found her like this one night. I especially love the bare feet sticking out the bottom.

I'm not entirely sure how this happened.... I think I may have fallen asleep on the couch (that unfortunately happens too often), and Norah kept on entertaining herself in her room, only to wear herself out entirely. She never falls asleep on her own, especially if she's not in bed or her car seat, so this is a pretty rare photo indeed!

My mom took us out for Japanese food one night, and Norah actually did really well. I was afraid she wouldn't eat anything, but she was pretty adventurous. And she loved trying to use her chopsticks.

 My mom, sister, sisters-in-law, and I went to Time Out for Women in November, so Rich and Norah had a fun daddy-daughter date at Chuck E. Cheese. He sent me these pictures, and my heart just about melted. She absolutely loved it and still tells me all about it when she sees a Chuck E. Cheese commercial or pass the Chuck E. Cheese sign.

Working for Fanzz, which is part of the Larry H. Miller company, definitely has its perks. Rich got a couple sets of tickets to Jazz games throughout the season. In November, we saw Jazz vs. Pelicans (and Jimmer!). We've gone to Jazz games before, but we were almost as high as you could get. It was so much fun being able sit in the Lower Bowl and actually watch the game on the court and not the Jumbotron.

I love seeing sweet photos like this. We went to the little playground in our complex, and Norah prepared this bouquet for me. "I got these flowers for you for your birthday." She's obsessed with birthdays lately, but you try explaining to a two-year-old that your birthday isn't for another 3 months.


A little more evidence of how hard it is to wake her up from a nap.

 Rich and Norah playing Uno Spin. He's brave to attempt card games with a toddler.

Our final photo is from my friend Becca's wedding reception the day before Thanksgiving. Becca was absolutely gorgeous and glowing, and the reception was lovely in perfect Becca style. So glad we were able to see her on her wedding day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! You are the sweetest! So glad you guys could come, what a sweet surprise! I have a picture of your family that our photographer took and I'll send it your way!

    ReplyDelete