Wednesday, January 8, 2014

5 Years and a New Year

Our fun Christmas break didn't end with Christmas! On the day after Christmas, the Kidd family made the trip up to Spokane, so we got to spend some fun time with them (and the Wings, too).

There were lots of games at Grandma and Poppa's house, more lunches at Eat Fresh, and the traditional trip to the family favorite Fiesta Grande in Spokane Valley. Perhaps one of the best moments was when we introduced 14-year-old Alison to one of the best movies ever, "You've Got Mail." It actually turned into a bit of a history lesson. ("You hear that sound? It's called dial-up. That's what you used to have to do to get on the Internet.")

And in the middle of all this fun, Rich and I celebrated 5 years together. We've never done much for our anniversary since it's not exactly the most convenient time of year. This year was pretty low key, too. But it was really fun to think back over the years. I feel like I was especially reminiscent this year ("At this exact time 5 years ago...") Here's to 5 years and so many more to come!

I'll try to let the pictures do the talking for the rest of this post.

Norah and cousin Hailey

Rich tried to make a big deal about how he wasn't going to get my flowers this year because we wouldn't be home to enjoy them. And I was completely fine with that (and I really am being 100% honest). But, of course, he tricked me.

Fiesta Grande night

Just a little goofiness...

Since Cami and Ethan's anniversary is only two days after ours, we decided to do a double date anniversary dinner. We went to Red Robin (very anniversary-y, I know). The food was delicious, and the company was even better! (Not the best picture, but it was the only one we got.)

 When there's family in town, that usually means we're at our house basically only to sleep. We put Norah down to bed at Grandma's house, get her up to drive home (where she falls asleep in the car), and then get her up one more time to get her in from the car. She was a champ through all of it, basically going right back to sleep once we got home.

Norah and Kelsey usually got along pretty well, but it was pretty funny when they started fighting.





Games at the church. I wasn't exactly dressed for the ocassion, so I ended up with some pretty good blisters from my boots. Also, I know you're jealous of my basketball form.



 Talk about adorable!

New Year's Eve brought us bowling, a science fair project, and a rousing game of Telestrations.






Norah was way too interested in Rich's phone to take a picture. 

I think one of the main reasons Rich liked having Ethan up here was that he finally had someone to play video games with. (Ethan was definitely a fan, too.) 

Hailey had a science fair project to complete, so we all got to play the guinea pigs in her soda taste test panel.

Here is one of my favorite Telestration moments. Things get interesting when one of your players is only 7 years old.
Whitley's word... She told us later that it says light.

So, of course this was her dad's interpretation of her word.



Well, at least we got "light" right.

Okay, here's another one, too:
 Please don't make fun of my terrible art skills, but I really think I did a great interpretation of "The Office."

Nope, my art skills really are that bad. 


 This might have been my favorite written interpretation. "Church on stake conference Sunday." Yep, I can see that, too, Alison.

And my favorite Whitley interpretation of the night.
"I didn't know what the paper said, so I just drew mac and cheese!"

It was a great New Year's Eve, although staying up until midnight is hard these days. My toddler wears me out way too much! Unfortunately, both the Kidds and the Wings had to head home on New Year's Day and Rich had to work at 6 in the morning, so once New Year's Eve was over, the fun was pretty much done.

Do any more family members want to come to town again, and soon? We miss all of the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment