Sunday, May 10, 2015

April Photo Drop

Happy Mothers' Day, all! I'm doing this post as Rich makes dinner. I love Mothers' Day for many reasons, but not having to make dinner is pretty high up there on the list. I try and try to enjoy cooking, but I can't help but feel like it's a just another chore. Plus, food never tastes as good when you're the one who made it. So, thank you to Rich for what I'm sure will be a delicious dinner! (Although, let it be known that I wold much rather cook dinner than do the dishes. Dishes are at the very top of my hated chores list. And Rich always does them - love that guy!)

Another note before getting to the pictures. This will be my last post filled with pictures of only one child. Tomorrow, I am going to be induced (assuming baby boy doesn't make his appearance before then, which I highly doubt), and from then on this blog will be the home of two adorable kiddos. That's a crazy thought!

So, here's one more post of basically just Norah.

I take that back. This lovely picture features the quilt top I made for baby boy, as well as the best picture I could get of him (aka my belly). I really like how this top turned out. It's in the process of being quilted now, and I can't wait to see how the final product looks!

There's Norah. These are two of her most favorite toys. The tiara I can understand. But the umbrella? No idea why. It came with a really fun doll she got for Christmas, and she has played with the umbrella way more than the doll. Whatever.

All Rich's idea. Surprised?

Our countdown chain for baby boy to get here. I thought it would help the days go faster, but I don't think it made much of a difference. It's technically off, too, I was so sure he was going to get here early, like Norah. Nope. I needed one more link on there to get us to tomorrow.



Zoo trip!

When I took this picture, Norah was rambling on about some silly story she made up. I could barely follow her train of thought, but it was so adorable. I just love how easy it is for her to play. Doesn't take much to get that little mind going!

We got a little more playtime with Cohen, and it was adorable. Of course, when you're a boy at a girl cousin's house, you have to be prepared for princess everything, including princess heels!

Lately, Norah's been in to making "cars" out of the couch pillows. And then filling her car with friends and her play food, which gets really tedious to clean up.

 Picture left: how Norah insists on putting away her matching game.
Picture right: what happens when you don't let her do that.
She's already as much of a perfectionist as her parents.

Organizing baby boy clothes. It was a crazy mess, but I absolutely loved it because I love organizing. I thought boy clothes had nothing on girl ones, but there are some crazy adorable things that I can't wait to see our little man in. Obviously I want him here to enjoy him, but I can't wait to dress him, too.

Norah had her little play cup and was drinking "orange juice." She got really absorbed in some show, but she still kept taking her own sips and then giving the cup to Lambie to take a sip, all while keeping her eyes glued to the TV. It was cracking me up!



Pre-church cuteness. I love how adorable she looks with her little backpack on, and I will never get enough of her voice.

We went on an FHE walk to the temple, trying to get some labor started. Didn't work (granted, that was about two weeks early), but it was a pretty walk.



I am so pregnant.

This is a new thing, too. She lines her "friends" up along the hall, creating a perfect tripping hazard. But don't you dare try to move them.

For some reason our apartment managers decided they needed to rip up the parking lot, but only a strip, not the whole thing. Of course, they didn't tell us the days that this would be taking place. And the day they were tearing it all out and repaving was the day I needed to get to my doctor's appointment. This was about 20 minutes before I needed to leave (that's my car that's perfectly trapped in there), and I was pretty ticked because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out. Luckily, I was able to sneak out before the paving truck came through. I would have been SO MAD!

And, finally, Rich and the Fanzz team got another chance to play at the Energy Solutions Arena on the Jazz court.

Okay, my parents just picked up Norah to stay the night with them while Rich and I go to the hospital and have a baby (I started this post a couple hours ago and am just now finishing it). This is getting real folks. Next time I do a post, we'll be a family of four. I don't even know how to process that! Can't wait for tomorrow and to meet our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment