Sunday, November 8, 2015

Independence Day

Yep, I've said it before (here and here), but Utah know how to do the 4th of July. Parades and fireworks in every town. It's wonderful.

We knew we needed to take advantage of it this year, so we headed to West Jordan to celebrate with the Kidds and S-Nelsons.


 West Jordan parade

We had some down time in the afternoon, so we hung out at the Kidds' house.

Some of us were able to squeeze in a nap.

And then some dinner of kabobs. Rich can take basically full credit for this. He marinated, constructed, and grilled them. And they were delicious.

As soon as we headed over to the fireworks, it started to rain. I was kind of worried about it, having a 7 week old in tow. But we had some tents and umbrellas, and the rain let up after a while.



 

Christine got a little crazy - must have been those giant drinks from 7-Eleven.


 And some shots of the fireworks. We were practically right underneath them - a great spot. Norah was scared of the fireworks last year and swore she would enjoy them this year. BUT she ended up holding a Frisbee in front of her face for the whole half-hour show (and she fell asleep that way, too). Jack snoozed on my lap as I covered his ears the whole time. He handled it much better than Norah did at his age (where I had to spend the whole night inside with her while everyone else did fireworks).


I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted. We even brought the big camera but never even got it out. But there was a little taste, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment