Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Riverside State Park

We have been so lucky this spring. While the weather hasn't been extraordinarily warm, it hasn't done the usual "you thought winter was over, so here's some snow just to throw you off" thing. I'll take it. ( Man, I hope I didn't just jinx us.)

One Monday night this month, we took advantage of the nice weather to do some exploring at Bowl and Pitcher at Riverside State Park. We even packed a little picnic dinner.

I think this might literally have been the first flower I saw for the year. 



 Rich was having some fun with perspective and our camera.



 We found this giant fallen tree, which couldn't have fallen down too long ago. The bottom, where the roots had torn out of the ground, was probably as tall as me.

Just starting to bud.


Norah actually loved most of the trip, but it wouldn't be an outing with a toddler without a little pouting. I especially love this pout-faced walk.

 Her thing right now is gathering rocks. She'll pick up as many as she can and drop several as she tries to pick up more. Well, there were plenty of rocks here to keep her entertained.

Rich climbed this pretty huge rock to capture some nice landscapes. (I knew he'd be fine, but the whole time I couldn't help but think, "Don't drop the camera!")





 


I'm sure we will hit up Bowl and Pitcher again and soon, since Memorial Day and Labor Day picnics (complete with "cheap chicken," AKA fried chicken from Albertson's) are traditions for the Doug and Edie Nelson family.

No comments:

Post a Comment