Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

Holidays are so much more fun when you have a child who gets it. Obviously, Norah didn't understand why we had this strange obsession with eggs for a couple days, but she got that there was a lot of fun to be had. We'll definitely work more on the meaning of Easter next year.

We started the festivities with an Easter egg hunt Saturday evening at Grandma and Poppa Nelson's house. Rich had been in California at a meet for a couple days, but he luckily got back around noon so we could enjoy the rest of the day together.

 I believe the pout face on the left is because she wasn't holding her Easter basket in the car. As soon as she got it, she was good. And the picture on the right is just plain funny to me.
 
Rich and I quickly "hid" some eggs for Norah to find in the backyard. When we started the hunt, the weather was fantastic. By the end, the wind had picked up and kept blowing the eggs from their hiding spots. She did a great job collecting the eggs instead of just opening the ones that rattled to eat the candy (well, she did that at first but then got so excited that there were so many eggs to find).


 

 

Checking out her loot. She really loved these plastic eggs.

Rich and the team had to wake up at 3 AM to catch their flight from California. He was clearly very tired. My favorite part of this picture is that Rich purposely kept his feet on the kitchen floor for his nap since shoes aren't allowed on Grandma's new carpet.

Seriously, this girl loved these eggs.

Grandma also invited us to dye eggs at her house.


This has been Norah's go-to smile lately. Whatever. 



Sunday morning, the Easter bunny brought us some fun stuff, along with way too much candy. Let's just say he got too excited about all of the fun candy variety (such as white chocolate M&M's, Reese's Pieces eggs, and Laffy Taffy jelly beans). Unfortunately, I didn't pull out the big camera for Easter morning, so most of these are just from my phone and a little blurry.




 She immediately started playing with her Easter finds, including all of the candy. As you can see, she started making a train out of the Reese's peanut butter eggs. (She truly is her father's child, though. She knows what candy is for and knows she can always talk her daddy into giving her some).

We were super lame and didn't get any pictures of us in our Easter clothes (which I realized more and more was a huge mistake as my Instagram feed exploded with ONLY pictures of my friends and their families in their Easter best). It was one of those Sundays where, even though you have 1:30 church, you just run out of time. I realized around noon that I still needed to make the strawberry cake for Easter dinner dessert, and I hadn't even showered yet. Yep, we were late to church, but only like 30 seconds, so I count that as a win.

We had Easter dinner at Doug and Edie's (again, no pictures). We usually have dinner at Doug and Edie's on Sunday (which I'm super grateful for because getting out of church at 4:30 is not conducive to making a delicious Sunday dinner), but I really loved this special holiday meal of ham, funeral potatoes, and much more. (And the dessert turned out pretty delicious, too, if I do say so myself.)

I used to think that the magic of holidays was gone once I got older, but it's so much more fun for me to make them special for my little girl. Next up on our list is Norah's birthday. It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment