Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Love My Birthday

In all honesty, the theme for the past week has been my birthday. Rich knows just how much I love my birthday and always makes sure it's a special day. This year was another success (probably because I succeeded in stretching the celebrations out for almost an entire week). Rich did a fabulous job helping me to feel special and loved.

Not birthday related, but want to share. We went to Costco last week and found this awesome play house. Rich made the mistake of getting Norah to go in. She loved it, and, of course, threw a fit when it was time to leave. I can't wait for the day when we have a yard to put something like that in. 

Also, I found this gem. That is most definitely a cover story.

Norah has been throwing fits about bath time lately. First, she doesn't want to get in, and then she never wants to get out. Even once all of the water has drained out and her feet are turning blue from the cold.

The birthday celebrations started on Friday night, where we had our first weekend night together as a family in almost a month. The time together was so nice and much missed. Our lives are just going to keep getting busier, so it's nice to have some family time once in a while.

 Since my birthday fell on Sunday this year, Rich and I went out for my (first) birthday dinner on Saturday night. We got sushi for the first time since we lived in Provo (still miss you, Sushi Ya). Lots of people recommended Wasabi Bistro, and it was delicious. We forgot to get pictures of the first rolls, which were our favorite and looked the coolest. But these were also super yummy and helped satisfy my sushi craving!

We woke up to lots of snow on Sunday. I realize that February is kind of a dreary month, so I figure if it's going to be cold anyway on my birthday, there might as well be snow!

After church, we headed to Doug and Edie's for (another) birthday dinner. The above meal is a classic Nelson birthday dinner. I had never had artichokes or fake crab until I became a Nelson, and now I don't know how I lived without them!

Norah helped me open my birthday gifts. 


Once I realized what this gift was, I got super excited! 

Rich really nailed my gift this year. We have been wanting an ice cream maker for a while now, and I really wanted the KitchenAid attachment ice cream maker. I wasn't expecting this at all, which added to my excitement. I love when I am completely surprised by a present!

 Rich made the birthday cake. I requested Better than S- um, Anything Cake.



But my birthday celebrations didn't end on Sunday! Edie took Norah and me to Olive Garden for soup and salad on Monday, and then some friends from church took me out to brunch yesterday to Old European, which I've been dying to try. Delicious, and so great to spend some time with them! (Unfortunately, there are no pictures.)

 And here are two more pictures of this cutie. The one of the right shows her happiness at watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She has this silly little grin pretty much the whole time it's on. What is it about that show?!

And, finally, this awesome video of Norah. Watch Norah's reaction to what is on the TV.
Rich put on Horton Hears a Who for her, and she did this. He actually wasn't recording her the first time, so he rewound and still got the same reaction. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment