Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bye Bye, Binky

My goal before Norah was born was to have her give up the binky by 13 months. Nope, that didn't happen. I kept waiting for the right time to take it away. News flash: there never is a right time. You just have to do it.

Finally, Wednesday last week I decided it was time for it to go. I let her have it that night and naptime the next day, but it's been gone since then.

I started feeling really sentimental about getting rid of binky, so I made sure to snap a pic of her very last one. Seeing this adorable binky face almost makes me wish it was back.

It hasn't been easy, but it's going better than I thought. The first night she cried for almost two hours, the next day's naptime was about an hour of crying, and since then the crying has pretty much stopped. But the jabbering has taken its place. She'll sit in her crib and talk for hours. Literally. The binky calmed her down and kept her quiet so she could fall asleep, but now's she's working on figuring out how to calm down without it. For naptime today, she actually went to sleep pretty easily, but I think it's because she's so exhausted from staying up talking every night. So, binky removal is still a work in progress, but I'm proud of myself for not giving in.

Seriously, I cannot describe how much she loves "Go, Dog. Go!" I didn't realize she would have a favorite book so young. She carries it all around the apartment and loves to say, "Go! Go!"


This girl is a serious pillow hog.

 Rich fixed her hair for me. (Her hair is actually growing!)

This picture cracks me up. She does this all the time, especially when I have the courage to break out the crayons. (I hate the crayons. They end up all over the house, and then they get stepped on and broken. I feel like I have enough other messes to deal with.)

We attempted to take some family pictures on Saturday. I forgot we were taking them with a toddler who loves to roam free. I was amazed we actually had some worth keeping. I'll post more of those later.

"Monsters, Inc." now takes the award for "Movie Norah Has Paid Attention to the Longest." I know I shouldn't be, but I'm really looking forward to the time where Norah will sit through a whole movie or TV show.


Norah got to play with her friend Alivia again yesterday. Norah definitely still has some work to do in the sharing department, but she loves having someone her own size around. The cutest part was when Norah chased Alivia around the apartment, both of them just giggling away. Adorable.


Norah sat with us at the table for the first time last night. It didn't really help her eat any better, so I think she go back to the regular high chair for a little while longer, to help minimize her lap messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment