Sunday, May 22, 2011

100

I was trying to come up with a clever title for this post. Then I saw that this is my 100th post, so I'm off the hook this time.

We are still in Spokane and have been in our apartment for about a month now. It's an older building, that's for sure. The floor is completely warped in many places (you should see how tilted our TV stand is - it is seriously going downhill), the apartment manager told us not to lick the paint (who wouldn't want to, right?) due to the potential of lead poisoning, the walls and ceilings are ridiculously thin (we've heard far more than we'd care to from our neighbors) and our ceilings are probably filled with asbestos.

Sounds like we hate the place, right? Well, we actually love it. It's in a really nice, quiet, and pretty area (Spokane is beautiful now that spring has finally decided to arrive). The people are really nice (we love love love our ward). We have a good amount of space (it's really nice going from one bedroom to two). We're close to pretty much everything. It's a good place for us.

But, the main reason for this post is pictures. Last month we went back to Utah so I could walk in my graduation, and we came back with some pictures worth posting (mainly because we have adorable nieces and nephews).

The three graduates: me, Cami, and Ethan



Momma and Craig Daddy

Grammy and Gramps Fredrickson

Krystle, Khloe, and Tyson 

Carolyn and her kids (Ainsley, Sydney, Camryn, and Alex) 

Rich said, "Strike a pose," so Sydney pops her foot and Camryn pulls this pose. What sass!

Camryn has the most adorable pout. I am SO glad someone caught a picture of this for me! (And I can't get enough of Sydney's skirt. So stinkin' adorable!)

We were also in Utah for Easter and had a good time with the kiddos on both sides of the family doing an Easter egg hunt. These next pictures were too adorable to pass up.

Rich, feeding Carson Nerds

I LOVE this picture. Camryn was about to give up reaching for this egg, but we told her to keep reaching, at the risk of falling, so we could get a picture of it.  

 Carson was so adorable on the egg hunt, and all the kids ended up with pretty good loot. Thanks, Easter Bunny!

Ainsley is such a happy baby, and very well dressed, I might add. (Yeah, I made that onesie for her.) 

I also got to spend some time with old roomies. We went to Olive Garden like old times, hoping that maybe the spicy zuppa tuscana might put Leanne into labor, but no luck. Little Miss Anilee didn't come until over a week later (congrats again, Leanne!). And, of course, we missed Kelsi, Becca, and Emily!

Julie, Leanne, Alex

So, that's some of our life so far. While I miss Utah and my family a TON sometimes (ask Rich how I responded to getting a letter from my sister yesterday), Spokane is treating us well. It has been really nice being around Rich's parents, and we are looking forward to the summer when the Dre is back and Carolyn and her family (including Aaron this time!) will come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment